Do not get panic, there is no hard and fast rule that they will ask for RFE in ur case. Say if they come up with RFE they will ask ur employer to support with financial status as 140 is employer based, some time they approve ur 140 with out any hassle, so best of luck. Keep ur fingures crossed.
wallpaper Occupation: God of Thieves and
lets all expose and shut down these greedy little money minting h1b/billing shops. We dont have much to lose but lets track them down even if they restart their billing business under a different name, second time.
2011 (Species): Greek God
This is superb, let's get a video with Englsih sibtitles and send it to moroama :D
We gave for fingerprints 5 days back but our LUD on I-485 is not yet updated. Is this common?
I-485 receipts from NSC.
Most of my friends LUD is updated within 2 days of giving finger prints.
Please post your experiences.
We talked to the DOL people. They said that since my wife didnt start working with them on H1 and never really worked with them we dont have a basis for claiming the 1500 dollars in filing fees. Do you think this is correct? If so what else do you think we can do on this case? Thanks for your reply.
Per law employer states that he/she has a project on hand and its their responsibility to pay for the filing fee of the applicant. So you have every right to sue the employer for the same. Was there a gap between the time your wife got H1 and she subsequently got an EAD? If yes you can claim salary from the day her H1 was approved and you got the 797 in hand.
BTW your lawsuit might end up costing more than the $1500 you paid but if you want to do the right thing go sue the employers a$$
2010 Head of Zeus, Greek god of
File an H-1B extension while the PERM appeal is pending, asking for one year extension beyond the 6th year. It will be approved with proof of the pending appeal. Then, file a prepare a new PERM filing, withdraw the appeal, and file the new PERM case. With LUCK, you will be able to get the PERM approved and Premium Processed the I-140 before the termination of the 7th year H-1B.
hair into the greek god Zeus.
In other words, I can never step back into the US?
Me and my husband are planning india trip in jun or july this year for 2-3 weeks.We both need to get our visas stamped in New Delhi .
We are short on time and our native places are far .So to save time and keep the window for passport arrival if approved or any problems ,postal delays..I was thinking to get visa-interview-date the day we land to delhi.
So here is the probelm,travelling with heavy bags ,international baggage is unsafe and difficult.
What would be the travel tips ?
Our plan is-
1.To stay in some hotel in delhi the day we land( if we reach in evening) and go to stamping next day.
Where to stay? Should we go to consulate with all international luggageand directly travel for native or keep in hotel room, come back later for it ,is it safr options?
Traveeling is also difficult
2.Then for there on ,what transport ,bus,delux bus,train ,or flight to take to chandigarh.
what ever is easiest for us ?
For regular bus(i know is pretty fast,5-6 hrs) ,we have to go to ISBT and keep lugaage on top of bus...i dont know about seats...availability .
For deluxe, never travelled so need tips.
Or better to take train ,go to railway station.
I dont know if domestic flgihts allow that much of baggage option, do they allow international luggage ,something like through checkin.
Please throw in your valuable suggestions to make our trip easy and better usage of time.
My 2 cents..
My brother reached Chennai early morning 2 AM and had visa interview at 9 AM. He took the risk and flight arrived on time. This was Mid-Feb 2011.
I had his visa interview details, so just in case there is flight delay, I was going to inform VFS about travel delay and cancel his appointment. "No show" will get you like 90 days ban.
I would do the the following - book a hotel room near consulate, leave the bags in hotel, complete the interview, then rent a taxi and to final destination. this option will be convenient compared to bus and train.
hot The Greek God Zeus
house 1 revision, 13 KB
Do we need to pay $340 for the second renewal of EAD and AP?
USCIS page says, no fee only if you have filed 485 after July 30, 2007.
tattoo hermes, greek god, greek art,
Hispanic caucus will not allow any piecemeal approach for immigration. They are holding EB reform for illegals. So lets hope that CIR gets introduce and pass with our relief. If CIR passes then it will have recapture. If it fails then we can try for recapture or any of these without worry for hispanic caucus. So I dont think so IV or even any organization like IV can do anything for next 6 months where CIR may get a chance. All we can do is call congress man and ask for support when CIR discussion comes on floor.
We may achieve some admin fixes if current administration really wants to help us.
I completely agree with what gc_on_demand said. The recent immigration provisions that zuhail is referring to is merely an extension of the sunsetting EB4 and EB5 programs. They HAD to renew it since otherwise the applications in process would be in limbo.
Unless CIR is introduced, no other EB relief is going to happen on the legislative side. If CIR passes, we will have increased visas to clear the backlog - since without first clearing the "legal" backlog, they wouldn't dare issue a single GC to illegals. If not, then recapture stands a definite chance since the Hispanic lobby would then be more open to a "piecemeal" approach. My 2 cents.
pictures Zeus - Greek God and Goddesses
How did your WOM go? I will be filing mine soon. Any info. that i should know? My I-485 has been pending for 3 years after my refiling. Neither my EAD nor my Driver's license can be renewed at this moment. Please help.
dresses Zeus, the most powerful of the
MurthyDotCom : Effect of Travel While in H1B/L-1 Status with Pending I-485 (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_efftrv.html)
makeup Which Greek God or Goddess are
girlfriend of the Greek god Zeus.
Thank you for your replies. One more question....if the change of status from F1 to H1B within the US is denied then does my F1 visa get automatically revoked?
Note that "status" is different from "visa".
Since this will be your first H1-B visa, it is very unlikely that USCIS will grant you change of status without going out of US. That is, assuming that USCIS approves your H1-B petition, most likely you will get an I-797 (which would be valid from Oct 1, 2010) without an attached I-94. This means to get in the H1-B status, you need to go out and reenter US around Oct 1 (I think you will not be able to enter more than a couple of weeks before the start date of I-797).
Coming to the denial, what denial are you referring to? There are many situations.
In general, your status is determined by the latest I-94 card. For F-1 students, that usually says "D/S" which means Duration of study (or Duration of status). That means, the moment you quit your school --- i.e., you no longer remain a student in good standing at your University --- you lose your F-1 status.
Now supposing that you do not quit your school:
(i) If your H1-B petition is denied (i.e., no approved I-797), then no harm. You remain in F-1 status.
(ii) If your H1-B petition is approved, but comes without I-94 card, then you continue to remain in your F-1 status until you go out of US and reenter using your H1-B VISA (that means, you need to get an H1-B visa stamp on your passport as well) and get the corresponding I-94 card.
In this scenario, I believe that if you decide not to use the approved H1-B visa (i.e., you continue your Ph.d., and do not go out, or do not reenter using the H1-B visa), then you would continue to remain in F-1 status even after Oct 1, 2010. However, you may want to confirm that with a lawyer.
(iii) If your H1-B petition is approved and comes with an attached I-94 card (this is unlikely), then you lose your F-1 status from the day written on the I-94 card. At that day you would go in the H1-B status and must be working.
hairstyles Labels: concept, greek gods,
The rules and available interpretations and memos talks only about the condition to "grant the extension". No where it mentioned a condition to invalidate an already granted extension.
As per the Neufeld memo links below:
On page 4 of memo:
USCIS is required to grant the extension of stay pursuant to �106(a) of AC21, in one-year increments, until such time as a final decision has been made to:
A. Deny the application for labor certification, or, if the labor certification is approved, to deny the EB immigrant petition that was filed pursuant to the approved labor certification;
B. Deny the EB immigrant petition, or
C. Grant or deny the alien�s application for an immigrant visa or for adjustment of status.
So if denied, there is no extension of H1B, the fact that 140 was approved is inconsequential since 140 approval is but one step in the process if 485 is denied then the whole application was denied and since the h1b extension is simply a stop gap till a final decision can be reached. The only recourse you have is to try and file a MTR with USCIS to reopen the 485.
See links below for more data
see Neufeld memo specifically, they also have all other memos and guidelines.